Friday, April 28, 2017

Review // L'Oreal Colorista ~ Rose Blonde

Hey guys!

I thought I’d write a review today – hopefully you’ll find it helpful!

My hair has been pretty pale blonde for a while now, which I’ve been really liking – I went silver/grey for a while a few months back, but it was only temporary and soon faded back into blonde. I used to dye my hair bright colours quite a lot, so I found myself missing the colours a bit now, but not wanting to completely give up the blonde – as my hair is naturally really dark brown, it’s been a long process trying to get my hair blonde, so I don’t really want to throw it all away just yet!

I’ve always had a soft spot for pink hair, so when I found the L’Oreal Colorista brand of dye in Boots, I knew I wanted to try one of the colours, and the one that caught my eye the most was Rose Blonde – it looked all dusky pink but slightly metallic, and I fell in love with it, so I ended up buying it after a tiny bit of deliberation!



After having the dye for a while, I finally decided to act on the urge to dye my hair, so I reached for this one, as it’s permanent, so hopefully it’ll last longer than semi permanent would.

Unlike most other permanent dyes I’ve used in the past, this one doesn’t have a nozzle on the bottle, so you’ll have to mix it up in a bowl – luckily, they provide a brush in the box! You get the colour crème, the developer cream, a brush, some gloves and of course, the all important conditioner to use once you’ve rinsed the dye out of your hair!

When I was mixing it, the fumes were pretty strong and my eyes were watering like mad – I’m not too sure if it’s really potent, or the fact I dyed my hair while I was ill, but make sure you’re in a well ventilated space when you’re doing this! I also noticed that the dye looked like strawberry milkshake once I’d mixed it properly.



Once it’d developed and I’d washed it off, I noticed that it was paler than I was expecting it to be – it turned out a very soft baby pink on me, but I really like the result! Mine also didn’t look very metallic, but luckily I was happy with the end result anyway! Here’s a picture of my hair colour before, and my colour after, so you can see exactly how it worked on me.

BEFORE


AFTER

Overall – the smell and fumes were pretty strong, and it turned out paler than expected, but otherwise I really liked this dye, and I’d probably end up using it again! At the time of writing this blog post, it’s been about a week since I dyed it and I’ve washed my hair three times, it’s faded to an even softer pink but it’s still noticeably pink – I feel like it’ll last another few washes at least.

Have you ever used the L’Oreal Colorista dyes, or do you want to? Let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment