Wednesday, December 30, 2015

My Goals // 2016


Hey guys!

Sorry I've been pretty bad with blogging lately - I didn't really have a chance to blog over Christmas, as I've been busy with travelling and seeing family! Also, as you may have seen if you follow me on Twitter, a few days before Christmas I somehow managed to break my laptop screen :( so I've found it pretty hard to write when I have a massive purple crack across my screen, but I thought I'd try anyway, as I miss blogging!

Today, I thought I'd write about my goals for next year! No, it's not me making my New Year's resolutions - I've given up on making those, as I always end up failing them all before the end of January, so it's pretty pointless for me - it's a set of goals I would like to set myself, and hopefully I will end up achieving them all before the end of 2016! Some will be bigger, some will be smaller, but hopefully they're all do-able. I will also be setting myself a couple of private goals, so when I do a summary post next year, or another goal setting post, I'll tell you what they were and whether or not I managed to achieve them!
Let's start with the smaller goals first.

One - BLOG MORE REGULARLY
I feel like I need to try and set myself a proper blogging schedule, and try my hardest to stick with it! I'm playing around with some new ideas on what I want to blog about at the moment, so hopefully next year I'll be having loads of ideas about what I want to put on my blog, which will hopefully mean more - and more regular - posts!

Two - SORT OUT MY DIET
I don't eat terribly, but I do have some bad eating habits - for example, a lot of the time I don't eat meals because I don't feel particularly hungry, or I'll always crave something sweet after I've had dinner. I might even keep a food diary, so I can see when I'm eating/when I'm craving things!

Three - DRINK MORE WATER
Obviously, this goes hand in hand with my diet goal. I find that I don't really drink a lot of water - during the day, I usually reach for some fruity squash, or tea, which isn't that good - I usually have either one sugar, or a teaspoon of honey in my tea, so if I drink a few of those a day, it's pretty bad! I personally don't really like water, so I struggle to drink it, but I'll just have to try and do it anyway! (Or drink sugar free flavoured water as well, so I can have something with flavour as well)

Four - SORT OUT/PAINT MY ROOM
I've been trying to get this done for so long now, but I keep getting overwhelmed with the amount of stuff I seem to have accumulated over the years - plus the immense lack of storage/space I have in my room - so, this year I really need to get more ruthless and chuck out a load of stuff and have a really good clear out so I can FINALLY get rid of the really old, faded lilac walls I have now and make my room look nice again - less teenage, (slightly) more adult.

Moving on to the bigger, scarier goals now!

One - DECIDE WHAT I WANT TO DO WITH MY LIFE
At the moment, I'm so undecided on what I want to be doing with my life - I constantly flit between ideas and can never seem to stick to just one thing. In 2016, I want to finally decide on something I want to do - whether it's going on a course to get some more qualifications, deciding on a career path, or even just trying to get some temporary work experience!

Two - TRY & SORT OUT MY HEALTH
I have PCOS, and because of this I have thinning hair (one of the side effects, and the one I really hate the most). I'm hoping that I can sort out my medication, and look into ways I can (hopefully) sort it out and thicken my hair, as it literally just makes me feel so down all the time, and it knocks my confidence.

Three - TRY & LIKE MYSELF MORE
I have basically zero self esteem and confidence, so I really want to try and care less what people think of me again (when I was younger, I cared less - I find the older I get, the more anxious and lower self esteem I get) and try and find AT LEAST one thing I like about myself by this time next year! 

Finally, the sillier, more lighthearted goals!

One - DYE MY HAIR A CRAZY COLOUR
Every single year, I start off having darker, more natural coloured hair, and by the summer, I really want lighter hair, so I end up lightening it and dying it crazy colours (usually red or pink) so I'm most likely going to end up doing that again this year - or maybe I'll go a colour I've not gone before!

Two - GO ON HOLIDAY
I hardly ever go on holiday - although I did go to France last summer (my first time abroad in around 10 years!!!) so, this year, I'd like to go on holiday again, even if it's just to the beach for the weekend, or for a long weekend somewhere in the UK - I just want to try and explore some more!

Three - DO MORE PHOTOGRAPHY
I love photography - there's something so satisfying about framing a shot just right, or the feel of a SLR in your hands - but I get really bored of taking photos in my local area, so I really want to start taking my camera out to more places and get back into regularly taking photos, instead of letting my camera gather dust in my house!

So, that's all my goals that I'm willing to make public for the next year! If you have any goals you'd like to share, comment them on here - then we can compare how we did in a year's time!
Good luck!  

No comments:

Post a Comment