Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Review // Poundland Makeup Alley Liquid Eyeliner

Hey guys!

If you’re anything like me, you’ll love picking up some bargain makeup to try whether it’s a budget brand like Miss Sporty and Natural Collection, to something slightly more expensive like MUA, I like trying out new makeup and seeing if there’s anything new that will become a staple in my makeup bag. To be fair, most of my makeup is high street brands like Makeup Revolution, Collection and Maybelline, although I do own the occasional bit of Clinique, Benefit and other high end brands too!

I also enjoy watching videos on YouTube of people testing makeup, especially when it’s a cheaper brand like Primark or Poundland. I recently watched a couple of Poundland makeup videos where people tried out all of the different makeup items - Makeup Alley - and they all seemed to rave about the liquid eyeliner as a self confessed eyeliner addict who regularly spends up to £15 on a liquid eyeliner, I thought this sounded promising, so I thought I’d pick some up next time I popped into Poundland!

Ideally, I would have liked to get the black eyeliner, but they didn’t have much choice left in my local Poundland it was between brown or space grey, so naturally I went for the grey!
The first thing I noticed about it, when I swatched it on my hand, is that it’s a nice consistency it’s not really watery like some cheaper eyeliner can be. It’s also fairly pigmented, so you don’t need to keep going over the same area again and again to build up the colour.



When I applied it to my eyes, I found that I made my flick a bit thicker than usual the applicator of this eyeliner is a brush, and I’m used to felt tipped eyeliner pens, so that’s probably just down to my lack of practice with brush eyeliner. It ended up looking quite pretty anyway, which is good, and hopefully I’ll get better at using it with more practice. The only thing that annoyed me about this eyeliner is that, when I blinked, it felt quite sticky in the outer corner of my eyes, where my flicks were I ended up taking the eyeliner off because it was bugging me, but for a cheap eyeliner, it was quite good overall, if you can overlook that!





My verdict not too bad for the price, it applies well and is rather pigmented I just didn’t like how it felt a big sticky in the corner of my eyes! I’d recommend it if you’re on a strict budget, but if you spend a little bit more, you can get slightly better ones.

The end result - slightly messy, but pretty nice!


Have you tried any of the Poundland makeup? Would you recommend any of it? Let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment