Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Things I'm Grateful For

Hey guys!
As I've been having a stressful year so far (as I mentioned in my last post) I thought that I would compile a list of things that make me happy/things I’m grateful for, as I know a lot of people have it a lot worse than I do (even though I don’t always remember that as I’m wallowing in sadness on the sofa playing games to take my mind off things.) Some of the things on the list may seem small or petty to other people, but it’s my list so it’s what works for me. 

1 – my family and friends. 
I’m lucky enough to have an amazing support system of people around me, and even if I do forget to text people back sometimes and hate phone calls (oops) I’m so thankful to have people like them in my life.
2 – I have a roof over my head and food to eat every day, 
not to mention clean running water.
3 – music. 
As silly as it may sound, I love just putting on a pair of headphones, putting on a playlist of my favourite songs, then just settling down and losing myself in the music.
4 – health. 
I’m not the fittest or healthiest person by a long shot – I have a terrible immune system – but it could be a lot worse. I don’t have any life threatening illnesses or anything like that.
5 – going to gigs. 
Seeing bands I love with my friends, discovering new bands, and meeting new people as well as making amazing memories while listening to awesome music – what could be better?
6 – writing. 
I’m so thankful that I grew up surrounded by books and that I learnt to read at a fairly young age, as books help to inspire me to write, whether it’s blogging, writing fiction or just jotting down little notes.
7 – makeup and hair dye. 
I know this may seem pretty superficial to some people, but I’m grateful that my mum has always been willing to help me to dye or bleach my hair, even if sometimes she’s hated the end result, as it means I’ve had a lot of hair colours over the years which have made me happy. I’m also thankful that she’s let me wear makeup since I was about 13, as I really do not like myself without it and now I’m apparently pretty good at applying it!
8 – playing games. 
I’ve always used things like books and games as an escape from real life, and luckily I recently started a new game which is pretty intense and mega detailed, so I’ve been able to lose myself in that and keep my mind off everything while exploring a new world.

That’s just a small selection of things I’m thankful for and which make me happy, which have been helping me smile lately through all the sadness. 
What are some things you’re thankful for, and which make you happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment