Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Best Of 2014 // Songs I've Been Loving!


Hey guys!
Now that the year is drawing to a close, I thought that it would be a good time to reminisce about some of the things that have happened over the past year - events I've been to, some of the things I've done, and some of my favourite things about the past year as well, whether it's makeup I've loved, songs I've listened to endlessly, or anything in between!
This time, I'm going to choose some of the songs I've been loving the most this year - some of them are ones I heard at the end of last year, but most are from January onwards. I'll also include links to the videos below, in case you'd like to go and check them out too!

Rather Be - Clean Bandit ft Jess Glynne.
I've loved this song ever since I heard it on a radio show for the first time, and it reminds me of my best friend because we both love it, and we've spent so much time together this year that it kind of became like our unofficial anthem, as such. It never fails to put a smile on my face!

The Mother We Share - Chvrches
Again, I first heard this song on the radio, and I didn't like it the first couple of times but it really grew on me.I love the vocals, and the slight electronic twist.

Sweater Weather - The Neighbourhood
This song was played so much last winter, and again, I didn't like it at first but it slowly grew on me. I really like the chorus, and it's just a cute wintery song.

Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran.
Pretty much my favourite song off X, this song is just pretty much perfect, and one of the first songs I go to when I want to relax. 

Shake It Off - Taylor Swift
One of the best songs to energise you and make you want to get up and get things done! I've been listening to it a lot while I've been trying to sort out my room, and it really helps to put you in a good mindset!

Somebody To You - The Vamps
To be honest, I prefer the version without Demi Lovato, but this song is adorable and gives me hope that I'll find someone lovely one day who will feel like that about me.

Cold Night - You Me At Six
One of my all time favourite bands, and this is one of my favourite songs off Cavalier Youth - their newest album, which came out in January. The lyrics are adorable, and it's just an amazing song all round.

Dirty Dancing - Room 94
I'm lucky enough to have known these boys for years now, and I couldn't be happier and prouder of all they're achieving now. They have a new album out next year, and this is one of the songs off it - I love Kieran's voice, and how addictive and catchy it is! I've been humming it a lot this year, and I hope you all love it too!

Ready To Go (Get Me Out Of My Mind) - Panic! At The Disco
The ultimate catchy, feel good song, this has pretty much been on repeat constantly since the first time I heard it around the end of last year, and it never fails to pick me up when I'm feeling down. I can't imagine life without this song and the memories that are attached to it now.
Listen

Still Into You - Paramore 
I really like Paramore, and when I first heard this song I fell in love with it pretty much instantly. I get bored of songs about love a lot, but this one is so cute and full of sincerity, and the lyrics are so cute that I don't think I'll ever grow sick of it.
Listen

So, they're some of the songs that I've listened to most this year! What are some of your favourite songs from the past year?

No comments:

Post a Comment