Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year's Resolutions // 2015


Hey guys!
So, it's about that time of year that I usually start to think about making my New Year's resolutions - which is probably leaving it a bit late, as it's tomorrow, but better late than never right? Every year I make them, and every year I end up failing  – sometimes I’ll stick to them for a while, but sometimes I’ll fail within the first couple of days, haha. I’m not one of those people who says things like “NEW YEAR NEW ME” (if you're one of those people, sorry but it irritates me a lot, haha) but I think that this year, most of my resolutions will revolve around things that I know I need to change in my life (either for my health or my happiness) and hopefully that means I’ll be more likely to stick to them and not break them within days.

The first, and most important, of my resolutions is that I need to eat healthier. On the whole, I eat reasonably healthily, but I also have a sweet tooth, which isn’t good, and I also tend to eat a lot of carbs, which can bloat me out. Next year, I’d like to cut a lot of food out of my diet that doesn’t make me feel good, and replace it with healthier alternatives – for example, I’ll be replacing white rice and pasta with brown rice and pasta, and eating Greek yogurt and fruit instead of cake or sweets. I’ll also be cutting down on the amount of tea and squash that I drink, and will be replacing it with flavoured water and fruit/herbal teas.

This leads nicely into my next resolution – I need to get more sleep, and sort out my sleeping pattern. At the moment, I am a night owl – I prefer to get up later, then I usually end up staying awake until the small hours, either reading, playing games or watching videos. This means that I’m usually really tired during the day, and it means that I hardly ever seem to have very much motivation or energy as a result. This will probably mean turning my phone off at night (so I don't get distracted by Twitter and YouTube, oops) and putting my laptop and other gadgets in a drawer after a certain time, so I won't be tempted to go on them if I can't sleep.

Another thing I really want to do next year is visit some new places. I went for a few years without a passport, so now I have one again I’d love to go on holiday, and maybe do a few day trips to a few fairly nearby places like Paris and Amsterdam. I feel like I haven’t really travelled very much in my life – I’ve been to Spain, and to the South of France, but that’s been about it, and there’s so many places I’d love to experience! Don’t get me wrong, I love living so close to London and think it’s an amazing city, but I’d also love to experience a few more places in the world too. I already have a few very loose plans made for holidays, so hopefully the plans will soon be a reality and I'll be able to do some more travelling and see more places. 

Another thing I'd also love to be able to achieve this year is to try and build on my confidence/self esteem  – I know that I’m probably never going to be able to look at myself in the mirror and like what I see, but I’d like to actually not feel like I’m about to cry when I catch sight of myself. I’d also like to find a way to stop comparing myself to everyone else, as I know that everyone’s different and beautiful in their own way, but I just can’t see the good in myself (years of pretty much relentless bullying will do that to you) so I’m determined to find a way to try and actually like myself a little better, for pretty much the first time ever. This is the one resolution that I'm pretty much already expecting to fail, no matter what, but I'm determined to at least give it a pretty good go!

I think that one way that I can feel better about myself is to add to my tattoo collection – at the moment, I have three, and I love them all to pieces, but I’d love to get a few more as well. I’ve been planning out what tattoos I want since I was fairly young, but I’ve not been able to get some of the ones I want the most, so hopefully next year I’ll be able to get at least one! The ones I have at the moment are small enough to hide, and in places that are easy enough to hide them, and the ones I have planned will (on the whole) be the same, so hopefully this year, my tattoo dreams will finally become a reality! There's one I've been planning since I was about 14, so it'd be lovely if I could finally manage to get it done!

Another thing I can do to make myself happy is to see my friends more – unfortunately for me, most of my favourite people live reasonably far away from me, and a lot of the time our schedules conflict too, so I don’t get to see a lot of my friends as often as I’d like to. In the new year, I’d like to hopefully see my friends at least once every few months, as we talk a lot but it’s definitely not the same as meeting up and having a good old catch up over coffee and window shopping! There's a few people I've not seen in literally years that I'd like to see, and I'd love to get back into contact with some of the people that I've lost touch with over the years, so hopefully 2015 will be that year - I already have a few vague plans to see some people, so that's a good start, don't you agree?

Finally, I’d like to get back into the swing of blogging! I’ve kind of been neglecting this blog recently - as you've probably noticed -  so I really need to be more organised with it all really. I’ve got a massive organiser calendar thing put to one side, and I’ll be investing in a notebook and pen to carry around with me and jot down blog ideas, as half the time I forget to do that, or I scribble them down on a scrap of paper and promptly lose it again straight away! I'd also love to continue blogging for Birds On The Blog for as long as I'm wanted, as I've been doing it for over a year now (wow, it doesn't feel like that long)

So, there we have it – my resolutions for the New Year! Whether or not I stick to them is a whole different matter, haha, but I’m hoping that if I have them written down, I’ll be able to remember them better, which will hopefully mean sticking to them better!

If you set yourself resolutions too, I wish you the best of luck with them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment