Tuesday, July 01, 2014

June Favourites!

Hey guys!

Happy July!
As you may recall, at the end of April I did a monthly favourites blog, and I enjoyed writing it so much that I decided it was high time I did another one! It's reasonably short but sweet this month (and a slightly different format from the last time I did one), but hopefully it will inspire you to try some of the things I mention - let me know in the comments if there's anything you've been especially loving recently too, I love trying new things! So, without further ado, here's my favourite things from June!


  STAEDTLER PENS - 10 FINELINERS AND 10 FELT TIPS
As you may know, I am a little bit addicted to stationery, so when I was in Rymans the other week and these caught my eye, I had to buy them! I've used the fineliners before and I love them, both for drawing and writing, and I've been on the lookout for some decent felt tips - these one are really smooth and vibrant, and I'm very happy with them! 

FROZEN - DVD
 Okay, so I know that Frozen's actually been out on DVD for ages now, but I've been watching it an awful lot recently, so that's why I've decided to include it in this month's favourites. I feel like I can really relate to Elsa, and Olaf provides just the right amount of comedy relief in a heartstring pulling film. Plus, the soundtrack is amazing!

"I'M ON A ROLL" NOTEBOOK
 When I was up North a few weeks ago, I popped into Rymans, and this humorous notebook caught my eye - I've been looking for a small notebook for blog planning for a while now, and this one is the perfect size, plus it makes me laugh AND it's motivational - what more could you want? Plus, it was on sale - even better!

FLAMINGO CANDLES - MACAROON AND ALMOND SCENT MELT
 I'm always on the lookout for new candle scents - I like more woody, fruity scents in the winter and sweeter, more floral scents in the summer - so when my friend recommended Flamingo Candles to me, I was suitably intrigued. The scent that held my attention the most was this - macaroon and almond. I didn't want to go for a candle straight away, in case I didn't like the smell, so I opted for a melt instead. It smells divine - it reminds me of a cherry bakewell! - and it was delivered super fast! When it's lit, the scent fills my whole room, and it smells amazing - I will definitely be investing in a candle soon!

 BARRY M NAIL PAINT - MATTE TOP COAT
 I've been on the lookout for a matte top coat for a while now, and when I was out with my best friend last month I stumbled across this little gem in Boots. I tried it on over the blue nail polish I had on (oops) and it worked amazingly well, so I decided to buy it, as I love Barry M products anyway. I'm so glad I did, as this is amazing! It lasts for ages, and it's pretty fast drying too - hello easy matte summer nails!

BARRY M LIP PAINT - 420 GENIE
 While we were at Boots, I also spotted this - I'd heard so much about green lipsticks that react with the chemicals in your lips and change colour to a pink especially for you, so I decided to try the tester. I wasn't really expecting much (I just kind of assumed that everyone's pink would be the same) but I was pleasantly surprised when it turned a pretty bright coral colour on me - my best friend tried it too, and it was hot pink on her, so I was convinced and bought it! I don't usually like wearing stuff on my lips, but I can make an exception for this!

APP - COVET FASHION
 My final favourite thing for this month is an app I downloaded on a whim. You are given challenges on a daily basis, and you must fulfill the challenges to the best of your ability, using real designer clothes and brands. The more clothes you buy (with the in-game money and diamonds - you earn it from completing challenges, but you can also buy diamonds with real money) the more different hairstyles and makeup you can unlock. If you link it to your facebook profile, you can also borrow clothes from your friends who also have the app, which is handy when you don't have things you need for certain challenges. It's oddly addictive, and I love it!









No comments:

Post a Comment