Friday, October 09, 2015

Day Nine // Saddest Game Scene


Hey guys!
Today is day 9 of my 30 day blogging challenge, where I'm going to be tackling a gaming challenge I found a few weeks ago that I thought looked interesting. In my blog summarising this, I left a photo of the questions, in case anyone wanted to do it, but I'll also copy the question I'm answering into my post every day too.
Sometimes, these posts may contain spoilers for a game - when that happens, I'll warn you before I answer the question, so you can choose whether or not to read on!

Today's question is - what is the saddest game scene? 
*MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*

Okay, so the first one is technically a scene because it's right before the end credits, but it's not like a cut scene - but I'm still counting it because it was unexpected and it made me really sad when I was playing it (and it still makes me sad now, even when I know what's coming)
At the end of Fire Emblem Awakening, you have a choice to make - do you deal the final blow to Grima the Fell Dragon (who is you from the future) and stop his reign forever - basically sacrificing yourself in the process - or do you let Chrom deal the final blow and essentially just put Grima back into slumber for a few hundred years, when he will reawaken?
Obviously, I chose the first option - you can marry people in the game, and on my first play through Chrom was my husband, and I didn't want to put him and the kingdom/shepherds into danger again, plus any future generations - and I was not prepared for what happened next, oh my God. It's a simple scene,  but incredibly touching, and when you're playing at 1am and you're not expecting it like me, you may feel a tear come to your eye!

Also, I'd like to mention another scene from a different game that was sad and threw me a LOT. 
When I first started playing Xenoblade Chronicles, and I got to play as Fiora for the first time, I decided there and then that I wanted to have her as my main - you can change the characters around, as and when you get them to join your team throughout the game. HOWEVER, I was not aware of the fact that, not long into the game, Fiora gets killed in a Mechon attack. No. I wasn't expecting it at all, and it was ridiculously sad, especially because there's nothing you can do at all to stop it from happening. I was not okay with this - I still am not okay with this, haha, whenever I start a new file I'm like "Nooo I don't want the sad thing to happen!" There's quite a few sad scenes in Xenoblade, but this stands out to me the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment