Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Day Twenty Eight // Favourite Game Developer


Hey guys!
Today is day 28 of my 30 day blogging challenge, where I'm going to be tackling a gaming challenge I found a few weeks ago that I thought looked interesting. In my blog summarising this, I left a photo of the questions, in case anyone wanted to do it, but I'll also copy the question I'm answering into my post every day too.
Sometimes, these posts may contain spoilers for a game - when that happens, I'll warn you before I answer the question, so you can choose whether or not to read on!

Today's question is - who is your favourite game developer?

I really liked the game developer Rare - they used to work with Nintendo, but then moved over to Microsoft. Some of the games they created were some of my favourites as a child - most notably, Goldeneye, Donkey Kong 64 and Banjo Kazooie. I spent so long playing the first two games with my brother - Goldeneye especially, I used to like trying to kill him before he could kill me, although a lot of the time we were on the same team. It was always pretty fun trying to navigate my way through levels, even when I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing! I also used to spend ages playing Donkey Kong 64 - I didn't like it at first, but as I played it more, I enjoyed it more, and now I'm quite keen to download it on the Wii U, as they've remastered it and re-released it for download.
I also really like HAL Laboratory - they've worked on games such as Super Smash Bros, the Kirby series and Earthbound, amongst other huge titles. Kirby is one of my all time favourite gaming characters, and has been for years now, so I'm very pleased that they made Kirby work. Originally, they hadn't decided on a colour for Kirby, so in the Japanese artwork he was white. They debated between yellow and pink, and in the end pink won out, but when you can play as a second Kirby, the default colour for that is yellow, which is pretty cool! 
Finally, of course, who could forget Game Freak - the team which brought us the Pokemon video games! These games were a massive part of my childhood - and I still play them regularly to this day - so this developer had to make my list purely because they pretty much made my childhood amazing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment