Monday, October 26, 2015

Day Twenty Six // Best Voice Acting


Hey guys!
Today is day 26 of my 30 day blogging challenge, where I'm going to be tackling a gaming challenge I found a few weeks ago that I thought looked interesting. In my blog summarising this, I left a photo of the questions, in case anyone wanted to do it, but I'll also copy the question I'm answering into my post every day too.
Sometimes, these posts may contain spoilers for a game - when that happens, I'll warn you before I answer the question, so you can choose whether or not to read on!

Today's question is - what is the best voice acting, in your opinion?

I really like the fact they have British voices in Xenoblade Chronicles. In a lot of games, the voice acting is with American accents, and I feel that a game like Xenoblade works a lot better with British accents than American ones - for some reason, it's a lot more effective.
I also like it when games don't have much in the way of voice acting - for example, in Animal Crossing, they speak Animalese, which sounds like babbling to us, and in Zelda games, Link doesn't speak - he'll grunt and make the occasional noise, but there's not really any vocals in there, which suits me - I think it'd be really weird if he actually spoke, which is why I'm dubious every time I hear reports that they want to make a Zelda film.
I think that, going by the voices of characters, I really like the voice acting of whoever voices Dunban and Melia in Xenoblade Chronicles, and the guy who voices Chrom in Fire Emblem Awakening, and I just like the voice acting in those games anyway, so if we're going for proper speech in games I'm choosing those two, and if we're choosing voice acting in games where less is more, I choose Zelda and Animal Crossing.

No comments:

Post a Comment