Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Day Twenty One // Best Gaming Story


Hey guys!
Today is day 21 of my 30 day blogging challenge, where I'm going to be tackling a gaming challenge I found a few weeks ago that I thought looked interesting. In my blog summarising this, I left a photo of the questions, in case anyone wanted to do it, but I'll also copy the question I'm answering into my post every day too.
Sometimes, these posts may contain spoilers for a game - when that happens, I'll warn you before I answer the question, so you can choose whether or not to read on!

Today's question is - what game has the best story?

There's a lot of games I've played that have really good, well written stories that manage to pull you in, and there's been a few that have really immersed me completely. All of the Zelda games are beautifully written, and this is one of the things that makes them one of the more fun games to play, along with the fabulous music - although I've just played a couple of Zelda games so far, and I'm around halfway through a third. My favourite Zelda game, story wise, is probably Ocarina Of Time.

However, I definitely think that Xenoblade Chronicles has the best story of any games I've played!
I won't go into too much detail, just in case anyone reading this hasn't played it and wants to, but this game literally has everything you could ever want - it's full of plot twists, too, which will really help to keep you gripped until the very end. You will feel a real mix of emotions throughout - from panic to happiness to sadness - and you'll literally just want to play for hours on end (in fact, you most likely will - I kept telling myself I'd only play for about an hour, then I'd end up playing for about 3 hours and my 3DS would go from full battery to nearly empty, oops. I also kept forgetting to save as regularly as I would have liked because I was so engrossed in the story.) The is also beautifully told through a generous amount of cut scenes - one of which is probably my favourite cut scene of any game ever, all I can tell you is that there's a battle going on at the time - and the characters are so likeable that it really adds to the story, and you want to see it through to the end so that you can see what happens with the characters and how it ends (incidentally, I think it ends almost perfectly, I loved the ending) and you will never get bored of playing it. I'm currently playing it through again for the second time and I still love it just as much as I did the first time around.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment