Saturday, October 03, 2015

Day Three // An Underrated Game


Hey guys!
Today is day 3 of my 30 day blogging challenge, where I'm going to be tackling a gaming challenge I found a few weeks ago that I thought looked interesting. In my blog summarising this, I left a photo of the questions, in case anyone wanted to do it, but I'll also copy the question I'm answering into my post every day too.
Sometimes, these posts may contain spoilers for a game - when that happens, I'll warn you before I answer the question, so you can choose whether or not to read on!

Today's question is - what game do you think is underrated?

I actually have two games that I think are underrated - one not quite so much any more, as they've started to advertise it a bit more, but it's still pretty underrated in my opinion.
The first one is Animal Crossing. 
I know that when New Leaf came out, and now the spin off Happy Home Designer, they started putting some more adverts on TV for them, but on the whole Animal Crossing still seems to be one of those games that people mainly hear about through word of mouth - although I admit, they do seem to be putting posts on Facebook etc more now (mainly for Happy Home Designer). If you take to instagram, there are people who have whole pages dedicated to Animal Crossing, but on the other hand, there's still so many people who either haven't heard of it, or think that it sounds boring from what they've heard about it. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it appeals to all age groups and it's a nice, relaxing game that you can play at your own pace, and I think more people should give it a chance!
The other game I feel is underrated is Xenoblade Chronicles
Again, it didn't really get all that much attention when the remake came out (it was originally released on the Wii, but has since been re-released on the New 3DS and as a download on the Nintendo eShop on the Wii U) but it was part of something called Operation Rainfall a few years back (a project to ask Nintendo of America to localise three games - Xenoblade Chronicles, Pandora's Tower and The Last Story). Personally, I didn't even know anything about the game until they added Shulk into Super Smash Bros 4 (for the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS) and my brother told me who he was, then he preordered the game and loved it. Then he let me have a file on his copy and I loved it so much that I ordered my own copy a few weeks ago and am working my way back through it! It seems to be one of those cult games that has a dedicated fan base, but that not many people know about, and it's an epic adventure game with really likeable characters and a gripping story line, so it should definitely be better known in my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment